Combined families — Silver trophies
This is the latest in an occasional series of posts about the daughters of Samuel Pruyn and their families that lived in the three houses that now are the campus of The Hyde Collection art museum in Glens Falls.
Maurice Hoopes donated two silver trophies for winning teams of the Glens Falls Inter-Club Basketball League, The Post-Star reported on Feb. 21, 1921.
Trophies would be presented at at upcoming dinner to which all of the teams were invited.
Rev. David A. Solly, pastor of First Baptist Church in Glens Falls, was scheduled to speak, and the Hudson Falls Baptist Sunday School Orchestra perform music.
Guest of honor was to be H.C. Beckman, director of YMCA Camp Dudley in Westport.
In other Combined Families historical news:
On June 17, 1921 the elementary grades of Glens Falls Academy performed the operetta “Mother Goose” on Hoopes House lawn.
On Dec. 20, 1920 The Post-Star reported that Louis Hyde contributed $10, Nell Pruyn $25 and Mary Hoopes $25 to the Community Christmas Fund for needy children.
On April 14, 1921 The Post-Star reported that Louis Hyde was re-elected a trustee of First Presbyterian Church of Glens Falls.
On Feb. 24, 1921, The Post-Star reported: “Mr. and Mrs. Maurice Hoopes are spending a month in the South.”
Click here to read the most recent previous post in this series.